NIA denies rift with Mumbai ATS over blasts probe
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday denied any rift with the Mumbai Police and the Maharashtra ATS over the July 13 serial blasts probe, saying the reports about such a tiff are mis-founded.
In a statement, the NIA said it was continuing to assist the Mumbai Police and ATS in the blasts probe.
On the question of its officers coming back to Delhi from Mumbai, the agency said it was not possible for its officials to stay put in the blast-hit city all the time.
Earlier this morning, a leading daily had published a report saying the NIA has pulled out of the Mumbai blasts investigation.
According to the report, members of the NIA team which rushed to the financial capital immediately after the blasts had come back to Delhi, including Director General SC Sinha. The reason cited, by sources, was “lack of coordination” with Mumbai Police sleuths.
The NIA had been specifically asked to assist the Mumbai Police Crime Branch and state Anti-Terrorism Squad in investigating the latest attack.
Reports said the NIA team and ATS officials even had verbal spats. The ATS went to the extent of complaining that the NIA was not equipped to handle the case alone, the newspaper reported.
While denying any rift, Additional Director General of NIA Prakash Mishra had told the newspaper: “The team that went to Mumbai is back, but we are extending cooperation to the Mumbai ATS.”
NIA was specifically set up after 26/11 to ensure better coordination with state investigating agencies in probing terror attacks. And the July 13 blasts probe was the first time the NIA was assisting a state police since the beginning of a case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly