Nicklas Bendtner hopes to leave Arsenal soon
London: Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has confirmed that he expects to leave the club this summer for a club where he is “happy and plays every week”.
Bendtner, who suffered from injury for most of last season, has been linked with Sporting Lisbon, Borussia Dortmund and Stoke City.
“It’s up to Arsenal now to sort it out, I can’t do any more,” a leading daily quoted Bendtner, as saying.
“I’d like to play at a place where you are happy and play every week. That is the most important thing for any football player and, hopefully, that will happen soon,” he added.
The 23-year-old has made 98 appearances for Arsenal in the Premier League, scoring 22 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters