Nicklas Bendtner hopes to leave Arsenal soon
London: Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has confirmed that he expects to leave the club this summer for a club where he is “happy and plays every week”.
Bendtner, who suffered from injury for most of last season, has been linked with Sporting Lisbon, Borussia Dortmund and Stoke City.
“It’s up to Arsenal now to sort it out, I can’t do any more,” a leading daily quoted Bendtner, as saying.
“I’d like to play at a place where you are happy and play every week. That is the most important thing for any football player and, hopefully, that will happen soon,” he added.
The 23-year-old has made 98 appearances for Arsenal in the Premier League, scoring 22 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars