Nigeria sack coach after Nations Cup third place finish
Lagos: Nigeria have sacked coach Shaibu Amodu following the team`s third place finish at the African Nations Cup finals, the country`s soccer federation have announced.
It is the second time Amodu has been removed from his post heading into a World Cup finals tournament.
The decision was taken after a late night meeting of the board in Abuja. Dutchman Guus Hiddink is among those on a shortlist of preferred candidates to replace Amodu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude quake damages Myanmar`s famed Bagan temples: Police
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: Enjoy 360 Experience drive with Shah Rukh Khan
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United