Nigeria sack coach after Nations Cup third place finish
Lagos: Nigeria have sacked coach Shaibu Amodu following the team`s third place finish at the African Nations Cup finals, the country`s soccer federation have announced.
It is the second time Amodu has been removed from his post heading into a World Cup finals tournament.
The decision was taken after a late night meeting of the board in Abuja. Dutchman Guus Hiddink is among those on a shortlist of preferred candidates to replace Amodu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users