Nimbalkar murder: CBI names Patil as main accused
Mumbai: The CBI on Thursday named suspended NCP
MP Padamsinh Patil as prime accused and conspirator in the
2006 murder case of Congress leader Pawanraje Nimabalkar in
its 5000-page charge sheet.
CBI, in the charge sheet, alleged that Patil hatched
the conspiracy to murder Nimbalkar due to political rivalry
because he nursed a suspicion that Nimabalkar had challenged
his (Patil`s) survival in politics.
Patil had paid `supari` (contract killing) of Rs 30
lakh to other accused to eliminate Nimbalkar, CBI said.
The other arrested are Satish Mandade, Mohan Shukla,
Dinesh Tiwari, Parasmal Jain, Kailash Yadav and Pintu Singh.
"The charge sheet, filed in a Panvel court near here,
includes statements of 181 witnesses and over 200 documents
alleging involvement of Patil and others in the crime," said P
Kandaswamy, head of CBI`s Mumbai Zone.
Nimabalkar and his driver were shot dead on June 3,
2006, at Kalamboli in Navi Mumbai. Tiwari, Singh and wanted
accused Chotu Pandey had allegedly shot dead the duo.
CBI had produced Parasmal Jain yesterday before a
magistrate who recorded his statement under Section 164 of
Parasmal is believed to have told the magistrate about
his involvement and also of other accused in the crime, CBI
All the accused are in judicial custody and will be
produced before the court on August 25 when they would be
given copy of the charge sheet.
Patil is currently undergoing treatment for Malaria at a
government-run hospital in Navi Mumbai.
The accused have been booked under Sections 120-b
(conspiracy) and 302 (double murder) of IPC and Sections 3, 25
and 27 of Arms Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!