Nirupama, Justice Venkatachaliah to get honorary doctorates
Puducherry: India`s Ambassador to the US Nirupama Rao and former Chief Justice of India, Justice MN Venkatchaliah would be awarded honorary doctorates by the Pondicherry University during its 22nd convocation on May 19.
Rao, who is to be conferred with Degree of Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa), would present the convocation address and distribute the degrees to graduates passing out of the university, a Central institution established through an Act of Parliament, a release said here on Monday.
It said Justice Venkatachaliah, who was also former Chairman of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), would be presented the Degree of Doctor of Letters.
Union Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy, the Lt Governor of Puducherry Dr Iqbal Singh who is the Chief Rector of the University and Chief Minister N Rangasamy, would be among those who would participate in the convocation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?