Nirupama, Justice Venkatachaliah to get honorary doctorates
Puducherry: India`s Ambassador to the US Nirupama Rao and former Chief Justice of India, Justice MN Venkatchaliah would be awarded honorary doctorates by the Pondicherry University during its 22nd convocation on May 19.
Rao, who is to be conferred with Degree of Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa), would present the convocation address and distribute the degrees to graduates passing out of the university, a Central institution established through an Act of Parliament, a release said here on Monday.
It said Justice Venkatachaliah, who was also former Chairman of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), would be presented the Degree of Doctor of Letters.
Union Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy, the Lt Governor of Puducherry Dr Iqbal Singh who is the Chief Rector of the University and Chief Minister N Rangasamy, would be among those who would participate in the convocation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview