Nirupama, Justice Venkatachaliah to get honorary doctorates
Puducherry: India`s Ambassador to the US Nirupama Rao and former Chief Justice of India, Justice MN Venkatchaliah would be awarded honorary doctorates by the Pondicherry University during its 22nd convocation on May 19.
Rao, who is to be conferred with Degree of Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa), would present the convocation address and distribute the degrees to graduates passing out of the university, a Central institution established through an Act of Parliament, a release said here on Monday.
It said Justice Venkatachaliah, who was also former Chairman of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), would be presented the Degree of Doctor of Letters.
Union Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy, the Lt Governor of Puducherry Dr Iqbal Singh who is the Chief Rector of the University and Chief Minister N Rangasamy, would be among those who would participate in the convocation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!