Nirupama Rao presents credentials to Obama
Washington: Describing India-US global strategic partnership as a defining and indispensible collaboration for the 21st century, President Barack Obama has said their dynamic friendship advances peace and prosperity in Asia and the world.
Obama conveyed these sentiments to India`s new Ambassador Nirupama Rao as she presented her credentials to the President at his Oval Office at the White House on Friday.
Warmly welcoming Rao, who has visited the American capital as the foreign secretary, back to Washington Obama wished her every success in her high responsibilities as India`s ambassador to the United States, according to an Indian Embassy release.
The two countries enjoy a natural friendship and that the India-US partnership has proven to be dynamic and broad and serves to advance peace and prosperity in Asia and the world, he said.
Rao said India was greatly encouraged by the President`s strong personal commitment to take the India-US strategic partnership forward.
She also conveyed warm greetings from President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to him and the first lady Michelle Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Congolese's murder: VK Singh deputed to allay African envoys' concerns
- Kolkata civic body orders testing of bread samples
- Two journalists asked to leave army event as they didn't stand up during national anthem
- Huawei files lawsuits accusing Samsung of violating patents
- In Pakistan's Lahore, school attacked after teacher ''rapes'' student