Nirupama Rao presents credentials to Obama
Washington: Describing India-US global strategic partnership as a defining and indispensible collaboration for the 21st century, President Barack Obama has said their dynamic friendship advances peace and prosperity in Asia and the world.
Obama conveyed these sentiments to India`s new Ambassador Nirupama Rao as she presented her credentials to the President at his Oval Office at the White House on Friday.
Warmly welcoming Rao, who has visited the American capital as the foreign secretary, back to Washington Obama wished her every success in her high responsibilities as India`s ambassador to the United States, according to an Indian Embassy release.
The two countries enjoy a natural friendship and that the India-US partnership has proven to be dynamic and broad and serves to advance peace and prosperity in Asia and the world, he said.
Rao said India was greatly encouraged by the President`s strong personal commitment to take the India-US strategic partnership forward.
She also conveyed warm greetings from President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to him and the first lady Michelle Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena