Nitish Katara case: Court asks Ghaziabad police to file report
New Delhi: A Delhi court today asked the
Ghaziabad police to file a report on the plea by Ajay Katara,
a key witness in Nitish Katara murder case, that he was being
threatened at the behest of powerful Uttar Pradesh politician
D P Yadav for testifying in the case.
"Ghaziabad police is directed to place a complete
report by September three," Additional Sessions Judge J R
A sub-inspector, who appeared on behalf of the SSP of
Ghaziabad, sought more time for filing the report on the
threat to the witness. The court allowed the plea with a
condition that it (report) be filed on next date of hearing.
Ajay Katara, who testified that he had last seen
Nitish alive in the company of accused Vikas Yadav, Vishal and
Sukhdev Pehalwan, had filed the application alleging he was
being threatened at the behest of D P Yadav.
The plea was filed in the case against Pehalwan, a
co-accused who is standing a trial separate from convicts
Vikas Yadav and Vishal as he had absconded after the offence.
It began in 2005 when he surrendered before the police.
The court, meanwhile, deferred recording of the
statement of Pehalwan in the case as his counsel was not
Earlier, the court wrapped up recording of testimonies
of prosecution witnesses with the examination of investigating
officer Anil Somania.
Pehalwan, along with Vikas and Vishal, allegedly
killed Nitish on the intervening night of February 16/17,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail