Nitish`s silence over Modi win deliberate
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s silence over the victory of Narendra Modi in the just concluded Gujarat polls might be `deliberate`, sources close to him said.
"When Nitish Kumar, leading the NDA registered landslide win in Bihar assembly polls in 2010 securing 206 seats out of total 243 marking 86 per cent of the seats Narendra Modi had not congratulated him," the sources said on condition of anonymity.
"Modi had not congratulated Kumar either directly or indirectly," they said.
Kumar`s silence has triggered speculation whether it was deliberate and another instance of `unfriendly` relationship between the two NDA strongmen.
When Kumar`s reaction was sought by mediamen yesterday morning on the hattrick by Modi, he did not respond.
Kumar had not entertained similar question on December 20 evening too after the results were announced.
The silence maintained by Kumar has obviously not gone down well with BJP state leaders.
State BJP President C P Thakur had wondered why Kumar did not make the customary gesture of congratulating (Modi) which is common in public life.
Modi`s supporter and state Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh said, "It is a routine practice that even a defeated candidate congratulates the winner in an election."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow