No differences with Gopichand: Saina
Hyderabad: Saina Nehwal is grabbing headlines for her differences with mentor Pullela Gopi Chand but the star Indian shuttler on Friday played down such media reports.
"It is not that way. He is chief national coach and he has to concentrate on all. That (reports about differences) is not correct," Saina said.
The Hyderabadi insisted that since Gopichand cannot travel with her all the time because of his responsibilities as national coach, she chose to train with Bhaskar Babu.
The media reports said claimed that Gopichand feels Saina`s focus has deviated a bit from the game in the wake of her success and thus he is unhappy with her.
On her performance in the just concluded Malaysian Open, where she lost to world number three Xin Wang of China to end runner-up, Saina said," I am happy with my performance in the Malaysia Open. I could defeat some Chinese players in the event. I am happy about it."
Saina did not read too much in her shock first round exit from the Indian Open Super Series tournament in New Delhi last month.
"It happens, there was home pressure. I was confident of doing well. It was just a bad day," she said.
With Sudirman Cup, Thailand Open and Singapore Open approaching, the world number four wants to carry her good form into these events.
"All these competition occupy the focus now," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best