`No fiasco` on S-band spectrum deal: Kasturirangan
Coimbatore: The former ISRO chief Saturday said there has been `no fiasco` on the S-band spectrum deal between the space agency`s commercial arm Antrix Corporation and a private company and accused the media of communicating the issue to the public without properly analysing it.
"All I can say is there is no fiasco. Many things happening in the country, success or fiasco, is media created.
The media have not properly analysed the S-band spectrum deal or properly communicated it to the public," former ISRO chairman K Kasturirangan said here.
Refusing to elaborate, he said the government is seized of the matter and everything that is going on in the organisation.
Kasturirangan, a Planning Commission member was on a visit to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in the city.
On ISRO`s future missions, he said ISRO planned eight to 12 missions in the next two to three years and added that "the continuing sucess in these missions would justify ISRO`s capability and reassert its importance".
On February 17, the government had scrapped the S-band spectrum deal between Antrix and Devas Multimedia on grounds of strategic interest and said it was prepared to face legal consequences.
The Cabinet Committee on Security annulled the contract Antrix had entered into with Devas Multimedia in Jan 2005, under which it was to lease out 90 per cent transponders on two of ISRO`s satellites GSAT-6 and GSAT-6A.
Under the agreement, Devas was to lease transponder capacity from the two satellites at a cost of about Rs 1,350 crore over 12 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan