`No fiasco` on S-band spectrum deal: Kasturirangan
Coimbatore: The former ISRO chief Saturday said there has been `no fiasco` on the S-band spectrum deal between the space agency`s commercial arm Antrix Corporation and a private company and accused the media of communicating the issue to the public without properly analysing it.
"All I can say is there is no fiasco. Many things happening in the country, success or fiasco, is media created.
The media have not properly analysed the S-band spectrum deal or properly communicated it to the public," former ISRO chairman K Kasturirangan said here.
Refusing to elaborate, he said the government is seized of the matter and everything that is going on in the organisation.
Kasturirangan, a Planning Commission member was on a visit to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in the city.
On ISRO`s future missions, he said ISRO planned eight to 12 missions in the next two to three years and added that "the continuing sucess in these missions would justify ISRO`s capability and reassert its importance".
On February 17, the government had scrapped the S-band spectrum deal between Antrix and Devas Multimedia on grounds of strategic interest and said it was prepared to face legal consequences.
The Cabinet Committee on Security annulled the contract Antrix had entered into with Devas Multimedia in Jan 2005, under which it was to lease out 90 per cent transponders on two of ISRO`s satellites GSAT-6 and GSAT-6A.
Under the agreement, Devas was to lease transponder capacity from the two satellites at a cost of about Rs 1,350 crore over 12 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash