No firm evidence of Pakistani complicity: Pentagon
Washington: A senior Pentagon official says the US so far has no "definitive evidence" that Pakistan knew Osama bin Laden had been living in the compound where Navy SEALs killed him.
Michele Flournoy, the top policy aide to Defence Secretary Robert Gates, said the Pakistanis must now demonstrate visibly and convincingly their commitment to defeating al Qaeda. She met with a Pakistani delegation at the Pentagon on Monday and Tuesday.
She said the Pakistani government should, for example, help the US exploit the materials the SEALs collected inside bin Laden`s lair during their raid on Monday.
Flournoy was the first Pentagon official to comment on-the-record about Monday`s raid. She offered no new details about it, but said it dealt "a very severe blow" to al Qaeda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’