No firm evidence of Pakistani complicity: Pentagon
Washington: A senior Pentagon official says the US so far has no "definitive evidence" that Pakistan knew Osama bin Laden had been living in the compound where Navy SEALs killed him.
Michele Flournoy, the top policy aide to Defence Secretary Robert Gates, said the Pakistanis must now demonstrate visibly and convincingly their commitment to defeating al Qaeda. She met with a Pakistani delegation at the Pentagon on Monday and Tuesday.
She said the Pakistani government should, for example, help the US exploit the materials the SEALs collected inside bin Laden`s lair during their raid on Monday.
Flournoy was the first Pentagon official to comment on-the-record about Monday`s raid. She offered no new details about it, but said it dealt "a very severe blow" to al Qaeda.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why