No fresh flood threat for Krishna, Guntur districts
Hyderabad: Krishna and Guntur districts of
Andhra Pradesh no more faced the threat of fresh floods as
water level at the Prakasam barrage in Vijaywada returned to
normal level on Monday.
The water level at the barrage was normal 12 feet and
inflow and outflow of water was 1.82 lakh cusec.
The two districts faced fresh flood threat yesterday as
water level at the barrage rose to 12.4 feet, following
discharge from the Srisailam Reservoir.
The release of water from the reservoir was aimed at
reducing the high level of water and also to plug the breaches
that occurred during the recent floods.
The water from the Srisailam reservoir could not be
released earlier as it was full to the brim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- One jawan martyred as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara, curfew lifted from parts of Valley
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- India-Bangladesh border will be secured, says Assam CM Sonowal