No fresh flood threat for Krishna, Guntur districts
Hyderabad: Krishna and Guntur districts of
Andhra Pradesh no more faced the threat of fresh floods as
water level at the Prakasam barrage in Vijaywada returned to
normal level on Monday.
The water level at the barrage was normal 12 feet and
inflow and outflow of water was 1.82 lakh cusec.
The two districts faced fresh flood threat yesterday as
water level at the barrage rose to 12.4 feet, following
discharge from the Srisailam Reservoir.
The release of water from the reservoir was aimed at
reducing the high level of water and also to plug the breaches
that occurred during the recent floods.
The water from the Srisailam reservoir could not be
released earlier as it was full to the brim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dead Bangladesh-American suspect was friend of cafe attacker: Police
- China, Russia navies to hold drills in South China Sea: Beijing
- 2017 new Suzuki Swift sheds heavy camouflage! Check out the spy pics
- Two of Turkey's four-star generals resign a day after military cull: Report
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway opened for traffic