No fresh flood threat for Krishna, Guntur districts
Hyderabad: Krishna and Guntur districts of
Andhra Pradesh no more faced the threat of fresh floods as
water level at the Prakasam barrage in Vijaywada returned to
normal level on Monday.
The water level at the barrage was normal 12 feet and
inflow and outflow of water was 1.82 lakh cusec.
The two districts faced fresh flood threat yesterday as
water level at the barrage rose to 12.4 feet, following
discharge from the Srisailam Reservoir.
The release of water from the reservoir was aimed at
reducing the high level of water and also to plug the breaches
that occurred during the recent floods.
The water from the Srisailam reservoir could not be
released earlier as it was full to the brim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra