No fresh flood threat for Krishna, Guntur districts
Hyderabad: Krishna and Guntur districts of
Andhra Pradesh no more faced the threat of fresh floods as
water level at the Prakasam barrage in Vijaywada returned to
normal level on Monday.
The water level at the barrage was normal 12 feet and
inflow and outflow of water was 1.82 lakh cusec.
The two districts faced fresh flood threat yesterday as
water level at the barrage rose to 12.4 feet, following
discharge from the Srisailam Reservoir.
The release of water from the reservoir was aimed at
reducing the high level of water and also to plug the breaches
that occurred during the recent floods.
The water from the Srisailam reservoir could not be
released earlier as it was full to the brim.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan