No interest in buying stake in Swaraj Mazda: Tata Motors
New Delhi: Auto major Tata Motors today said
it has no interest in acquiring stake in commercial vehicle
maker Swaraj Mazda.
"Tata Motors denies any such interest," the company said
in a statement today reacting to recent media reports that it
was considering acquisition of a stake in Swaraj Mazda.
The reports had stated that Tata Motors is looking to
pick up 53.52 per cent stake in Swaraj Mazda, held by Japanese
firm Sumitomo Corp.
Earlier in November, the company was reported to be
exploring the possibility of buying private equity firm Actis`
stake in Swaraj Mazda. Actis has 7.7 per cent direct holding
in the commercial vehicle (CV) maker and a further 9.3 per
cent through CDC, one of its arms.
Swaraj Mazda makes buses and trucks in the 5.5 tonne to
10.5 tonne segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone