No Nano price hike for now: Tata Motors
New Delhi: Tata Motors has said all the existing bookings of the Nano will be delivered at the current prices, notwithstanding the rising input prices.
"The current bookings will be executed at the price already committed and we have a long way to finish the current bookings. So, it is too early to talk about raising the prices of the Nano," Tata Motors managing director Prakash M Telang told a news agency.
However, when asked if the company could consider
increasing the prices of its other models, Telang remained
non-committal, he said: "steel and tyre prices are increasing
and all manufacturers have to think about it. We are watching
the situation very closely. It is difficult to comment it
In June, the company had selected over 1.55 lakh buyers
for its small car wonder Nano, touted as the world`s cheapest
car, from a total of 2.06 lakh final applicants. It would
deliver the first one lakh cars by March 2010, while the
remaining bookings of 55,021 will be delivered in the next
The country`s largest auto company has delivered 13,924
Nanos till November.
Tata Motors had announced that the first one lakh Nano
owners would be price-protected at the ex-showroom prices. The
Nano is available between Rs 1.23 lakh and Rs 1.72 lakh
(ex-showroom, Delhi) for the three different variants.
"When it will come to the next stage of delivery only we
will talk about it (price hike). At the moment our focus is to
ramp up production," Telang said.
The company is currently rolling out the Nanos from its
Pantnagar plant in Uttaranchal, which has an annual capacity
of 50,000 units. The car would also be rolled out from the
company`s upcoming Sanand facility in Gujarat once its goes on
stream next year.
The Sanand plant will have an initial capacity of 3.5
lakh units a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’