No Nano price hike for now: Tata Motors
New Delhi: Tata Motors has said all the existing bookings of the Nano will be delivered at the current prices, notwithstanding the rising input prices.
"The current bookings will be executed at the price already committed and we have a long way to finish the current bookings. So, it is too early to talk about raising the prices of the Nano," Tata Motors managing director Prakash M Telang told a news agency.
However, when asked if the company could consider
increasing the prices of its other models, Telang remained
non-committal, he said: "steel and tyre prices are increasing
and all manufacturers have to think about it. We are watching
the situation very closely. It is difficult to comment it
In June, the company had selected over 1.55 lakh buyers
for its small car wonder Nano, touted as the world`s cheapest
car, from a total of 2.06 lakh final applicants. It would
deliver the first one lakh cars by March 2010, while the
remaining bookings of 55,021 will be delivered in the next
The country`s largest auto company has delivered 13,924
Nanos till November.
Tata Motors had announced that the first one lakh Nano
owners would be price-protected at the ex-showroom prices. The
Nano is available between Rs 1.23 lakh and Rs 1.72 lakh
(ex-showroom, Delhi) for the three different variants.
"When it will come to the next stage of delivery only we
will talk about it (price hike). At the moment our focus is to
ramp up production," Telang said.
The company is currently rolling out the Nanos from its
Pantnagar plant in Uttaranchal, which has an annual capacity
of 50,000 units. The car would also be rolled out from the
company`s upcoming Sanand facility in Gujarat once its goes on
stream next year.
The Sanand plant will have an initial capacity of 3.5
lakh units a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi