No necessity for Iqbal Singh to resign: Puducherry CM
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister V
Vaithilingam on Monday said "there is no necessity" for Lt
Governor Iqbal Singh to step down from his post for his
alleged links with suspected money launderer Hasan Ali Khan.
Talking to reporters here after a meeting with the
Governor, Vaithilingam said Enforcement Directorate has been
given permission by the Prime Minister`s Office to question
Singh over the issue of his recommendation for issuing
passport expeditiously to Khan.
"The ED would do necessary statutory follow up," he said,
adding, in these circumstances why should Singh resign as he
was only facing allegations.
He denied allegations that the administration had favoured
a trust, reportedly linked to Singh for starting a medical
college in the union territory.
"The administration had not allotted any land to the trust
for starting medical college nor has it granted funds or
esssentiality certificate to it, Vaithilingam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming