No necessity for Iqbal Singh to resign: Puducherry CM
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister V
Vaithilingam on Monday said "there is no necessity" for Lt
Governor Iqbal Singh to step down from his post for his
alleged links with suspected money launderer Hasan Ali Khan.
Talking to reporters here after a meeting with the
Governor, Vaithilingam said Enforcement Directorate has been
given permission by the Prime Minister`s Office to question
Singh over the issue of his recommendation for issuing
passport expeditiously to Khan.
"The ED would do necessary statutory follow up," he said,
adding, in these circumstances why should Singh resign as he
was only facing allegations.
He denied allegations that the administration had favoured
a trust, reportedly linked to Singh for starting a medical
college in the union territory.
"The administration had not allotted any land to the trust
for starting medical college nor has it granted funds or
esssentiality certificate to it, Vaithilingam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday
- No water for OP Jaisha: Here's what Virat Kohli's former coach Rajkumar Sharma has to say about it
- Sonam Kapoor supports women entrepreneurs' exhibition
- Beware, it's a scam! Xiaomi Redmi 3S 32GB at just Rs 599 on Amazon
- REVEALED: Pullela Gopichand's mother's SECRET advice which motivated PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth in Rio