No need to turn off your gadgets now
Washington: A new study claims that it is ok to use electronic gadgets on flights.
Electronic gizmos, from smartphones to iPads, have become an increasingly crucial part of how modern pilots fly the friendly skies.
Ernesto Martinez, who has been a pilot for 7 years said that no tool has made flying easier than his iPad, which provides maps, airplane and airport information, approach planes and sectionals.
“All that information is pre-loaded into the iPad so there is no communicating through Wi-Fi or the cellphone network -- so it’s really not sending any cellphone signal,” Fox News quoted Martinez as saying
According to reports, both American and United Airlines pilots use iPads in the cockpit, which raises questions as to why passengers cannot use them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider