No post-poll alliance with Congress: Akhilesh
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party will not go for a
post-poll alliance with Congress if it falls short of the
numbers in Uttar Pradesh elections, SP leader Akhilesh Yadav
has said and took a dig at Rahul Gandhi claiming that
his hands "are tied" within his party.
"An alliance with the Congress is not possible because
the party does not want the Samajwadi party to grow. The
Congress has worked to the detriment of the Samajwadi Party.
Even the ticket distribution has been done to deter the
Samajwadi Party, not to defeat BSP," Yadav said in an
interview to a private news channel.
He insisted that SP will get a majority and expressed
confidence that President`s Rule will not be imposed.
Yadav denied that differences between Rahul and him
"We have only reacted to each other on the situation
as it demanded. To tear a piece of paper saying our manifesto
is not good in a democracy. We have not reacted to their
manifesto. People have seen what the Congress has done during
its rule. If opinions are expressed on statements made by SP
leaders, then we will react in the same way," he said.
In the same vein, Yadav criticised Rahul`s style of
functioning. "He does what his advisors tell him. Rahul Gandhi
does not see the weaknesses of his party. His hands are tied
within his party. Despite being in power, he is not able to do
much," Yadav said.
On his chances of becoming Chief Minister if SP gets
the numbers, Yadav said this question has to be put to Mulayam
Singh Yadav. "As far as taking responsibility is concerned,
everyone wants Netaji (Mulayam) to be Chief Minister of UP,"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata