No problem with I-League, says AIFF president Praful Patel
Mumbai: All India Football Federation (AIFF) president Praful Patel today said there was no problem with the country`s premier football competition - I-League – and added that it was being "strengthened" with a new format.
"There is no problem with the I-league. It is being strengthened. The process of having a new arrangement is underway at the AIFF," he told reporters on the sidelines of a sports event here.
"I can assure you that the AIFF`s endeavour, in association with the Asian Football Confederation and FIFA, is to strengthen the I-League. The I-league, in fact, is being looked upon very appreciatively by the AFC and FIFA. Within a few weeks, things will fall in place," he added.
Earlier, Patel inaugurated the second annual South Mumbai Junior Soccer Challenge, an initiative by Congress MP Milind Deora, at the Cooperage Football Ground here.
The championship, which aims at promoting soccer among the youth in the city, would serve as a `Talent Hunt` as 30 talented youngsters will be shortlisted for a coaching clinic that is being conducted by the Queens Park Rangers (QPR) coaching teams who are in the city.
From this training camp, two youngsters shall be selected for a six-weeks training programme at the Queens Park Rangers Youth Development Centre in London.
Also present at the inauguration were actor John Abraham, and Queens Park Rangers` chairman, Ishan Saksena, and vice chairman, Amit Bhatia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt