No question of resigning: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Sunday rejected RJD and LJP`s demand for his resignation,
saying there was no summon against him in a murder case.
"Much hue and cry is being made by Lalu Prasad and Ram
Vilas Paswan in a false and fabricated case... No court has
summoned me in any case," Kumar, on a campaign trail to
mobilise votes for NDA nominees for by-elections to 18
Assembly seats in Bihar, said.
"The opposition wants me to serve power to them on a
platter... It is impossible for me to oblige them as I hold the
post of Chief Minister because of the mandate and people`s
faith in me.
"Let them demand my resignation. There is no question of
doing so as long as I enjoy people`s blessings and mandate."
Kumar said the court had already exonerated him of all
charges in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'