No regrets over missing two medals: Gagan Narang
Hyderabad:Ace shooter Gagan Narang, who won four gold medals at the Delhi Commonwealth Games (CWG), returned home to a warm welcome here Saturday and said he had no regrets over missing two more medals.
`I am happy with the four that I won and there are no regrets over the two that I lost,` Narang told reporters at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport after his return.
`It is a great feeling to win four medals. It was a record three at Melbourne and now a record four at Delhi,` the 27-year-old said while proudly displaying his medals.
Narang, a double world record holder, won four gold medals in the pairs and individual events of 10 metre air rifle and 50 metre three positions at the Delhi CWG. He, however, missed two medals, including the one in the 50 metre prone position.
The World No.3 feels he will get more opportunities to improve his performance in upcoming events like the Asian Games and World Cup finals.
Narang returned to a warm welcome from family, friends and fans. Narang`s mother hugged him while his well-wishers garlanded him.
Narang is an Indian Airlines executive who hails from Haryana but is settled here. He said he was happy to equal his world record with a perfect 600 in the 10 metre air rifle individual event.
The ace shooter will be richer by Rs.40 lakh as the Andhra Pradesh government has announced cash prizes worth Rs.10 lakh, Rs.7.5 lakh and Rs.5 lakh to gold, silver and bronze medal winners respectively. And Narang has four golds.
Andhra Pradesh has contributed six gold, eight silver and five bronze medals to the country`s tally.
Badminton stars Saina Nehwal and Jwala Gutta are the other gold medallists from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video