No salary, yet Anil Ambani India`s top paid
New Delhi: He may have foregone salary or commissions for 2008-09 as part of austerity measures, yet a pay package of over Rs 52 crore -- as sitting fees and previous-year payments -- has made industrialist Anil Ambani the country`s top-paid executive for the year.
Had he not declared to give up his remuneration for the year, his pay package could have crossed Rs 100 crore or about Rs 27 lakh a day.
As Chairman of five of his group`s listed companies -- Reliance Communications, Reliance Capital, Reliance Power, Reliance Infrastructure and Reliance Natural Resources Ltd -- he was paid a total of Rs 52.078 crore during the last fiscal, representing an annual increase of nearly Rs 10 crore.
The total amount paid to Anil Ambani in 2008-09 exceeds the same for any other executive by the companies which have furnished the remuneration details for their top executives during the latest fiscal.
This is despite the industrialist foregoing any salary or commissions from all these companies, and the remuneration during the year only comprises sitting fees for attending the board as a director and the payments towards commissions for the previous fiscal 2007-08.
During 2007-08, Anil`s elder brother Mukesh Ambani, the Chairman and MD of Reliance Industries, was the top-paid executive in the country with total remuneration of Rs 44.02 crore. However, Mukesh Ambani`s remuneration for 2008-09 is not known as RIL is yet to come out with its balance sheet for the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800