No sympathy: FIH to revolting hockey players
New Delhi: Having returned from a stormy meeting in Pune, Federation of International Hockey (FIH) vice president Antonio von Ondarza has shocked hockey lovers in India by giving a clear and direct threat to revolting players.
Clearly siding with Hockey India and accompanying its president AK Mattoo, FIH vice president said while talking to a news channel, “Let me make it clear to the players that you (revolting players) won’t find any takers or sympathizers in international hockey.”
FIH vice president Antonio von Ondarza was participating in a news debate on the hockey crisis which has hogged nation’s attention after all twenty players walked out of the meeting and decided to skip the national camp until their demands were met.
Participating in the debate India’s national team goal-keeper Adrian De Souza said, “We won’t fear any threat and if raising our voices for justice would mean our expulsion then we are ready for it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!