No sympathy: FIH to revolting hockey players
New Delhi: Having returned from a stormy meeting in Pune, Federation of International Hockey (FIH) vice president Antonio von Ondarza has shocked hockey lovers in India by giving a clear and direct threat to revolting players.
Clearly siding with Hockey India and accompanying its president AK Mattoo, FIH vice president said while talking to a news channel, “Let me make it clear to the players that you (revolting players) won’t find any takers or sympathizers in international hockey.”
FIH vice president Antonio von Ondarza was participating in a news debate on the hockey crisis which has hogged nation’s attention after all twenty players walked out of the meeting and decided to skip the national camp until their demands were met.
Participating in the debate India’s national team goal-keeper Adrian De Souza said, “We won’t fear any threat and if raising our voices for justice would mean our expulsion then we are ready for it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi