Nobody will be allowed to go scotfree if involved in CWG: Maken
Verinag (JK): Maintaining that CBI is
probing the CWG scam, Union Minister for Sports and Youth
Affairs Ajay Maken today said that nobody found involved in
CWG scam will be allowed to go scot-free.
"Anybody found involved from the Ministry of Sports in
CWG scam will not be allowed to go scot-free and will be
punished severely," Maken told reporters on the sidelines of a
National Integration Function in Verinag Tourist Resort in
South Kashmir today.
Maken, who was presiding over the concluding function
of a week-long National Integration Camp, organized by Nehru
Yuva Kendra, Anantnag, said that CBI is currently probing the
issue and we should wait for the results.
Close on the heels of last year`s summer unrest, NYK
had organized a unique type of National Integration Camp in
Kashmir Valley by providing an opportunity for youth from
different parts of the country to live with the local families
Addressing the gathering, MLA Dooru Assembly and former
minister G A Mir asked the youths from outside the state to
become ambassadors of peace and present the real picture of
Kashmiri society in their states.
He said that Kashmiri youth are peace loving and
hospitable but unfortunately a bad picture has been painted
across the country and the world due to some people here.
Earlier in the day Maken had said that the Centre has
set a target to train 50,000 youth from Jammu and Kashmir
under the Prime Minister`s skill development programme in the
next 11 years.
He said out of 20,000 Nehru Yuva Corps volunteers
throughout country, 8,000 volunteers alone have been appointed
in Jammu and Kashmir on the special instructions of Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh.
The youth population ratio in India is the highest but
the percentage of skilled youth is less, the minister said,
adding the Central government has started a comprehensive
skill development programme to utilise potential of the youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state