Noida cops wake up, send Shiney notice over illegal stay
Noida: Noida police gave an example of its compliance on Friday, when they sent a notice to Shiney Ahuja, five days after the actor arrived in Noida, for ‘staying in the city illegally’.
According to reports, Noida police had a rather late realization about the fact that the actor is putting up in Uttar Pradesh, not Delhi as suggested by the HC.
Shiney, who has been accused of raping his domestic help, had flown to New Delhi on October 4 and moved to Noida to stay with his family after Bombay High Court granted him bail in the case and ordered him to stay in Delhi Delhi till his trial in the rape case begins.
Senior Superintendent of Police (Gautam Budh Nagar) Ashok K Singh sent a notice to the actor on Friday, stating that his stay in Noida is illegal. The Station House Officer of Sector-20 police station, where Ahuja was registering his presence, sent the notice to Ahuja’s father’s house on Friday.
SSP Singh said he realised the actor has been directed to stay in Delhi, and not in UP, after going through the High Court order while deciding to video-graph the actor’s presence in the local police station. “I have sent the notice as per directions of the High Court,” Singh said. “Noida police have no responsibility of recording his presence as he has been directed to record his presence at a Delhi police station. He has to stay in Delhi”, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM