Noida cops wake up, send Shiney notice over illegal stay
Noida: Noida police gave an example of its compliance on Friday, when they sent a notice to Shiney Ahuja, five days after the actor arrived in Noida, for ‘staying in the city illegally’.
According to reports, Noida police had a rather late realization about the fact that the actor is putting up in Uttar Pradesh, not Delhi as suggested by the HC.
Shiney, who has been accused of raping his domestic help, had flown to New Delhi on October 4 and moved to Noida to stay with his family after Bombay High Court granted him bail in the case and ordered him to stay in Delhi Delhi till his trial in the rape case begins.
Senior Superintendent of Police (Gautam Budh Nagar) Ashok K Singh sent a notice to the actor on Friday, stating that his stay in Noida is illegal. The Station House Officer of Sector-20 police station, where Ahuja was registering his presence, sent the notice to Ahuja’s father’s house on Friday.
SSP Singh said he realised the actor has been directed to stay in Delhi, and not in UP, after going through the High Court order while deciding to video-graph the actor’s presence in the local police station. “I have sent the notice as per directions of the High Court,” Singh said. “Noida police have no responsibility of recording his presence as he has been directed to record his presence at a Delhi police station. He has to stay in Delhi”, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe