Nokia launches E-72 targeting high-end customers in TN
Chennai: Finnish handset maker Nokia India
today launched the popular business phone "Nokie E-72"
targeting the high-end customers in Tamil Nadu.
Priced at Rs 22,989 the phone comes with consumer email
service, Nokia Messaging and a first of its kind IBM Lotus
Notes , Nokia India Regional General Manager (South) TS
Sridhar told reporters after unveiling the phone.
He said the market was becoming popular on the usage of
"Touch phones" and "QWERTY key pad phones".
The phone which has more than 20 per cent more battery
life than the previous version was expected to receive good
response among smart phone users, he said.
Nokia has also upgraded the mobile phone camera 3.2 mega
pixel to five mega pixel camera and the internal memory has
also increased from 125mb to 256 mb, he said.
Sridhar, citing a study said the country was the third
largest smart phone market in the Asia-Pacific region after
Japan and China, with over 3.5 million devices shipped over
the past one year. There were 4.2 million mobile email users
in the country, he said.
The E72 series phone is available in two colours, Zodium
Black and Topaz Brown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday