Nominees for FPAI Awards announced
Kolkata: Brazilian striker Edmar Figuera and
Nigerian midfielder Ogba Kalu Nnanna were among those
nominated on Thursday for the `Fans Player of the Year 2010` by the
Football Players` Association of India (FPAI).
Also nominated were the Indian trio of Subrata Paul,
Anthony Pereira and Mohammad Rafi with the award to go to the
player securing the maximum number of votes at the FPAI Awards
night to be held in New Delhi on September 12, a release
quoting FPAI secretary Jehan Mehta said.
The voting lines will remain open till September 10.
Last year, India forward Sunil Chhetri pipped Mohun
Bagan`s Brazilian striker Jose Ramirez Barreto for the award.
AFC president Mohammed Bin Hammam is likely to be the
chief guest at the FPAI Awards night.
India`s number one goalkeeper Paul and Figuera were
instrumental in Pune FC`s third-place finish in the I-League
Kalu who played a key role in Churchill Brothers triumph
in 2008-09, has switched allegiance to I-League holders Dempo
Up and coming Indian forward Rafi scored 14 goals for
Mahindra United last season and is now with Churchill Brothers
after his former club was disbanded.
India winger Pereira, known for his pace and clinical
crosses, is an integral member of the I-League champions
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report