Non-bailable warrant against Sanjay Dutt
Mumbai: Sanjay Dutt was slapped with a warrant by a local court in UP for making inflammatory speeches during his campaign for Samajwadi Party way back in year 2009 on Saturday.
Citing religious bias against his arrest, Dutt had said that he was booked under TADA for having a Muslim mother. In his speech, Sanjay had said, "It is true that TADA was imposed on me, many Muslims were caught and when there were enough Muslims, they thought of putting Hindus behind bars. I was there for 3 and a half years and was tortured because my mother was a Muslim, and I was a Muslim`s son. I am here to tell you this." As of now, court has issued a non-bailable warrant against the ‘Munna Bhai’ actor.
Sanjay Dutt was appointed as the General Secretary of Samajwadi Party in 2009 and actively campaigned for the same. He was convicted and sentenced to six years imprisonment under the Arms Act in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blast case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy