Non-bailable warrant against Sanjay Dutt
Mumbai: Sanjay Dutt was slapped with a warrant by a local court in UP for making inflammatory speeches during his campaign for Samajwadi Party way back in year 2009 on Saturday.
Citing religious bias against his arrest, Dutt had said that he was booked under TADA for having a Muslim mother. In his speech, Sanjay had said, "It is true that TADA was imposed on me, many Muslims were caught and when there were enough Muslims, they thought of putting Hindus behind bars. I was there for 3 and a half years and was tortured because my mother was a Muslim, and I was a Muslim`s son. I am here to tell you this." As of now, court has issued a non-bailable warrant against the ‘Munna Bhai’ actor.
Sanjay Dutt was appointed as the General Secretary of Samajwadi Party in 2009 and actively campaigned for the same. He was convicted and sentenced to six years imprisonment under the Arms Act in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blast case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price