Non-bailable warrant against Sanjay Dutt
Mumbai: Sanjay Dutt was slapped with a warrant by a local court in UP for making inflammatory speeches during his campaign for Samajwadi Party way back in year 2009 on Saturday.
Citing religious bias against his arrest, Dutt had said that he was booked under TADA for having a Muslim mother. In his speech, Sanjay had said, "It is true that TADA was imposed on me, many Muslims were caught and when there were enough Muslims, they thought of putting Hindus behind bars. I was there for 3 and a half years and was tortured because my mother was a Muslim, and I was a Muslim`s son. I am here to tell you this." As of now, court has issued a non-bailable warrant against the ‘Munna Bhai’ actor.
Sanjay Dutt was appointed as the General Secretary of Samajwadi Party in 2009 and actively campaigned for the same. He was convicted and sentenced to six years imprisonment under the Arms Act in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blast case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown