Nook Tablet expected to be unveiled Monday
New York: When Amazon unveiled its first tablet, the Kindle Fire, in September, most tech experts and analysts predicted it would be the first real challenger to Apple`s iPad.
Now, before the Kindle Fire has even debuted, Engadget is reporting that a familiar foe is also entering the tablet market -- Barnes & Noble.
The company has invited journalists and analysts to a news conference in New York November 7, where everyone expects Barnes & Noble to unveil the Nook Tablet.
As of now, the Nook is an e-reader, but one with a lot of different versions. Some are black and white, some are color, some offer Internet access and others don`t.
The tablet is expected to be a lot like the Nook Color Reader, though one would expect there to be some more features.
Like the Kindle Fire, this tablet seems to be reusing a popular brand name - Nook - and will have a seven-inch screen.
According to various tech blogs, it will be priced at $249 -- $50 more than the Kindle Fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'