North Korea to launch another satellite in December
Pyongyang: The Democratic People`s Republic of Korea (DPRK) said Saturday that it is planning to launch another satellite in December after a failed attempt in April.
The second version of Kwangmyongsong-3 will be launched from the Sohae Space Center in Cholsan County, North Phyongan Province, by the Unha-3 carrier rocket between Dec. 10 and Dec. 22, the official KCNA news agency said.
"Scientists and technicians of the DPRK analyzed the mistakes that were made during the previous April launch and deepened the work of improving the reliability and precision of the satellite and carrier rocket," the KCNA quoted a spokesman for the Korean Committee for Space Technology as saying.
The DPRK launched a Kwangmyongsong-3 on April 13 to mark the 100th birthday of late DPRK founder Kim Il Sung. The long-range rocket crashed into the sea after traveling a short distance.
The UN Security Council condemned the launch and demanded that Pyongyang fully comply with relevant resolutions and suspend all activities related to its ballistic missile program.
The KCNA said during the April launch, the DPRK ensured utmost transparency of the peaceful scientific and technological satellite launch and promoted international trust in space science researches.
Pyongyang will fully comply with relevant international rules during the December launch, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister