North Korea to launch another satellite in December
Pyongyang: The Democratic People`s Republic of Korea (DPRK) said Saturday that it is planning to launch another satellite in December after a failed attempt in April.
The second version of Kwangmyongsong-3 will be launched from the Sohae Space Center in Cholsan County, North Phyongan Province, by the Unha-3 carrier rocket between Dec. 10 and Dec. 22, the official KCNA news agency said.
"Scientists and technicians of the DPRK analyzed the mistakes that were made during the previous April launch and deepened the work of improving the reliability and precision of the satellite and carrier rocket," the KCNA quoted a spokesman for the Korean Committee for Space Technology as saying.
The DPRK launched a Kwangmyongsong-3 on April 13 to mark the 100th birthday of late DPRK founder Kim Il Sung. The long-range rocket crashed into the sea after traveling a short distance.
The UN Security Council condemned the launch and demanded that Pyongyang fully comply with relevant resolutions and suspend all activities related to its ballistic missile program.
The KCNA said during the April launch, the DPRK ensured utmost transparency of the peaceful scientific and technological satellite launch and promoted international trust in space science researches.
Pyongyang will fully comply with relevant international rules during the December launch, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US