November 10 - the day to begin Christmas dieting
London: Today is the day when majority of Brit women will start dieting to get in shape for the annual Christmas party in the office, according to a survey.
The poll of 3,000 women revealed that six out of 10 women choose November 10 as the day to begin dieting in a bid to fit into their glitzy outfit.
While the average dieter aims to lose 10lb, but one in 10 will skip the odd meal in a bid to reach their target.
Fourteen per cent buy their party outfit in a size too small thinking they will fit into it by the time the big event arrives.
But more than half of these women will have to buy an emergency outfit after failing to lose the weight in time.
However, much to their agony, 21 per cent of women put all the weight they lose back on by the New Year.
A spokesman for British Lion eggs, which carried out the research, advised women to be careful when trying to diet.
“Simply cutting out food won’t work. The best way to lose weight is to eat sensibly and have three balanced meals a day, particularly breakfast,” the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'