Now, a bicycle that takes around 20 seconds to fold down
London: A British student has designed a bicycle that can be folded completely into the space of the wheel’s 26-inch circumference within 20 seconds.
According to a report by Sky News, Dominic Hargreaves’ bicycle, named ‘The Contortionist’, takes around 20 seconds to fold down, and has been shortlisted for this year’s James Dyson Award for innovation.
It may bag the young inventor 10,000 pounds.
The 24-year-old, from Battersea, London, said that he wanted to create a decent folding bike after the one he was using collapsed.
“I couldn’t find a folding bicycle I liked,” he said.
“I wanted something that could take a bit of punishment and that you could have fun with. So, I made one myself,” he added.
Hargreaves has been in contact with various manufacturers and hopes to get the bike into production soon.
According to competition founder James Dyson, “The clever bit is how the front wheel can be rotated and repositioned so that the whole of the bikes’ frame fits into its circumference.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security