Now, a new range of ice cream for your pooches
London: Hate giving in to your dogs pestering for having a bite from your tub of ice cream? Well, you don’t have to do that anymore, for a new range of luxury ice cream has been developed - just for pooches.
The frozen yoghurt, developed by pet nutritionists at pet food company Wagg Foods, based in Topcliffe, North Yorkshire, come in three flavours—Panting Peanut Mutter, Oaty Pawfection and Chase Your Tail Cheesecake.
The Frost and Hound desserts are made from natural frozen yoghurt, which contains good bacteria to help digestion, as well as yucca extract to help reduce the unpleasant odours from flatulence.
And the ice cream also has hidden dog biscuits in it.
The product is still in the development stage and is being tried out by some pets.
The creators of the ice cream are hoping to have it on the shelves in time for next summer and aim to sell it in pet shops and supermarkets.
However, the price for the pet dessert has not yet been decided.
"Brits are well known for being a nation of dog lovers - with their pets often becoming one of the family,” a news daily quoted Tom Page, sales and marketing director at Wagg, as saying.
"Because of this we often treat them the same as our kids, although the titbits we give them aren`t always healthy or safe for dogs.
"We wanted to develop a dog-friendly icy treat which owners could feel confident would help cool down their pet and still be healthy - meaning dog and owner could both enjoy everyone`s favourite summer pleasure together,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video