Now, Faridabad towers in trouble: Hindustan Times
Faridabad: The Municipal Corporation of Faridabad has slapped show-cause notices to some cellular companies for installing mobile towers illegally in Faridabad.
“We have slapped show cause notices to some cellular companies for installation of mobile towers illegally,” Mukesh K. Solanki, additional commissioner of the civic body said, adding, “total 68 mobile towers had been set up illegally in Faridabad by different cellular companies in the recent past.”
The mobile companies are supposed to deposit a license fee of Rs one lack with the municipal corporation before installing their mobile towers.
“The companies are yet to respond to our show cause notices,” he said. “Slapping show cause notices worked to a large extent as some companies are coming forward to regularise the towers and are depositing license fee also.”
Sources said the municipal corporation has slapped fresh show cause notices to the cellular companies pertaining to about 20 towers.
“We are initiating strict action against the companies which have set up mobile towers illegally in Faridabad,” Mehtab Singh, commissioner of the civic agency.
“One tower has already been removed,” he said.
Sources said the civic agency has removed two mobile towers in the past for being illegal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss