Now, get rid of stinky shoes using UV gadget
London: Are smelly shoes a constant embarrassment for you? Worry not, for inventors have come up with SteriShoe, a device that sterilises the bacteria, which cause odours, by using UV light.
The gadget, which looks like a shoe tree, is placed inside the shoe and turned on at the mains before blitzing the smell away.
Makers claim that SteriShoe kills 99.9 per cent of bacteria in just 45 minutes and works for people who suffer from athlete’s foot, toenail fungus, or just smelly feet.
Manufactured in America, the 80-pound SteriShoe comes in various sizes and is currently available online in the UK.
“The SteriShoe shoe sanitiser is clinically proven to destroy micro-organisms in shoes using ultraviolet light. It is recommended by doctors as a chemical-free method to kill bacteria in shoes, reducing shoe odour and risk of infection from athlete``s foot,” the Daily Mail quoted Rainer Kuehling, a spokesman for manufacturer Shoe Care Innovations, as saying.
“The device can be inserted into your footwear as you would a normal shoe tree and a simple press of a button starts a 45-minute treatment cycle. After 45 minutes up to 99.9 per cent of the harmful microbes that can cause offensive shoe odour are destroyed,” Kuehling added.
To prevent users coming into direct contact with the its UV light, the SteriShoe has several safety features. Two shoe bags are also provided with each device, so a user can also sanitise their open-toed shoes and sandals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore