Now, Jagan supporters play loyalty card
New Delhi: After their "Jagan for CM" campaign failed to yield the desired result, supporters of late Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy have now changed tack and are using the loyalty card.
"All Congress legislators, including YS Jaganmohan Reddy, MP, are part of the Congress family and the party chief is the family head," said Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, chief whip of the CLP in the state.
A supporter of YSR Reddy and Jaganmohan said Congress president Sonia Gandhi is the "mother". "As mother takes care of her grieving children, Gandhi will ensure justice to us".
"We have a strong family and she (Gandhi) will take care of the family members," he said, adding that "we will abide by her decision".
He said as followers of YSR, "we have to follow the way he had respected and followed the high command, taking the guidelines and directions and abiding by the decisions of the AICC".
Vikramarka`s statement has come against the backdrop of Chief Minister K Rosaiah, who succeeded YSR after his tragic death, appearing to be consolidating his position and AICC giving indications that it would look at the issue of leadership after the upcoming Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video