Now, LPG delivery at a time of your own choosing
New Delhi: No longer would working professionals have to take the day off, or leave office early, to get a LPG cylinder refill. Instead, for fee of up to Rs 50, they can now get it delivered at a time of their own choosing on any given day.
Oil Minister Murli Deora Tuesday launched the Preferred Time LPG Delivery scheme, through which customers can get cooking gas refills at any time or day of the week by paying an additional Rs 25 or Rs 50 per cylinder.
"The scheme is completely optional and customers who do not opt for it will continue to get their refills as per the current schedule," he told reporters here.
Under the scheme, the cylinder delivery would depend on the amount paid. The customer would be charged Rs 50 for deliveries sought before 8 am or between 6 pm and 8 pm on any day of the week in metro cities, and Rs 25 for any time between 8 am and 6 pm.
Customers in other cities and towns would be charged Rs 40 and Rs 20 respectively.
On weekends (Saturday/Sunday), Rs 25 would be charged extra for deliveries sought between 8 am and 6 pm in metro towns, and Rs 20 in other cities.
Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Jitin Prasada said the service is currently being launched in Delhi and the adjoining towns of Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad, Ghaziabad and Sonepat, besides Bengaluru and Pune.
It will be extended to Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai and Hyderabad later this month, and the rest of the country would be covered under the scheme by the end of this year.
LPG distributors failing to deliver the LPG gas refill at a designated time or day will have to pay Rs 20 as penalty to the customer, besides forgoing the premium service fee.
If a customer misses the delivery on the scheduled day of delivery, it will be made during the same time band on the next day.
"There will be no jumping of queue because of this extra payment. The schedule for normal delivery will be maintained and this scheme is to help customers get that delivery on their preferred time and day," he said.
"Customers who wish to avail of this facility must register through a stipulated format available with the distributors or by logging into websites of the respective oil companies," he said.
The websites are www.indane.co.in for customers of Indane Gas of Indian Oil Corp, www.ebharatgas.com for Bharat Gas of Bharat Petroleum Corp, and www.hindustanpetroleum.com for HP Gas of Hindustan Petroleum Corp.
At present, the deliveries are guided by routine scheduling by LPG distributors on a day-to-day basis, with no definite time given.
Deora said the government currently subsidises domestic LPG by over Rs 200 per cylinder, and the new initiative is aimed at improving customer service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked