Now, special spectacles that don`t get steamed up
London: Frustrated by those foggy lenses? Well, you could soon get rid of them, as researchers have now developed a kind of non-fogging glasses which they say remains clear in all weather conditions.
The "Optifog" lenses are coated with a material that is extra-attractive to water. It becomes an invisible film rather than fog when condensation gathers, leaving the lenses clear, the inventors said.
French firm Essilor, which designed the new non-fogging lenses, hopes the new glasses will be of most benefit to cooks, sports enthusiasts such as runners and cyclists, and medics who wear face masks.
"Our researchers are dedicated to exploring ways to make wearing glasses a close as possible to natural vision," Mike Kirkley, Essilor`s managing director, was quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.
"Optifog represents a significant advance towards achieving that goal. At best it is a bit of a pain, but it can also be dangerous if you are taking something out of the oven or cycling on the road," he said.
The lenses are priced from around 200 pounds depending on type and prescription, and are available in single vision, varifocal and sun-lens forms.
They need to be sprayed with a chemical solution every week to keep the fog-repellent surface working.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video