Now, Super-subs to take tourists to the deep sea
London: The bottom of the ocean is a marvel that no human eye has seen before.
But now, thanks to a sea craft invested by entrepreneur and daredevil Richard Branson, director James Cameron and Internet mastermind Eric E.Schmidt, it will soon be possible to plunge to one of the most remote places on the planet.
Developers Triton has already created their own craft and the company`s president Patrick Lahey revealed the host of discoveries that could soon be made including a close view of where the Titanic collapsed at the bottom of the ocean.
“There is a host of wonders down there. You could visit the mid-Atlantic thermal vents, where volcanic heated gases bubble up from Earth`s core, or cruise down to the wrecks of the Titanic or the Bismarck,” the Daily Mail quoted Lahey as saying.
“You will be able to access any place in the ocean and watch all those wonderful sea creatures,” he added.
Back in April, Branson launched the Virgin Oceanic single-seater submarine with the intention of going 36,000 feat below the surface.
His eight-foot long craft, made of carbon fibre and titanium, has stubby wings and a cockpit. It can cruise for about 6.2miles and can stay submerged without help for 24 hours.
Sir Richard said: With space long ago reached by man, and commercial space flight tantalizingly close, the last great challenge for humans is to reach and explore the depths of our planet`s oceans.
``There are enormous amounts of the oceans that have not been explored. More men have been to the moon than have been down further than 20,000 feet.``
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India