Now withdraw Rs one lakh at ATMs
New Delhi: Bank customers can soon withdraw up to Rs one lakh in a single day from ATM machines, and can shop for even an higher amount of Rs 1.25 lakh with their debit cards.
Also, as much as Rs three lakh can be transferred in a day to another account through ATMs as also over phone.
The enhanced limits for ATM withdrawals, debit card swiping and fund transfers would save the consumers from running to bank branches, that too within banking hours, for such large transactions. Currently, the maximum the customers of most of the banks can withdraw through ATMs is Rs 50,000 in a day.
While HDFC Bank is allowing these enhanced banking limits to its customers with effect from June 1, other banks might soon follow the suit.
The ATM withdrawal limit for HDFC Bank Imperia Gold Debit Cards now stands increased to Rs 1 lakh, and that for shopping to Rs 1.25 lakh, from Rs 50,000 per day.
Besides, the ATM card and shopping limit for Easy Shop Regular International/ Maestro/ NRO Debit Cards would stand increased to Rs 25,000 and Rs 40,000 respectively, from Rs 15,000 and 25,000 respectively.
The bank is currently in the process of informing its customers about these enhanced debit card limits. Given the competitive nature of the banking business, other banks would have to soon follow HDFC Bank in increasing their own card limits for ATM withdrawals, shopping and fund transfers, a senior official at a rival bank said.
Also the holders of Kid`s Advantage Debit Cards can withdraw and shop for Rs 2,500 in a single day, higher from Rs 1,500 and Rs 1,000 currently.
Further, for Women debit Card holders will get to withdraw Rs 25,000 from ATMs from Rs 20,000. Also customers can shop for up to Rs 40,000 crore with debit cards, from the
present Rs 30,000.
"The above revised limits are not applicable to the card holders whose current limit are different from the ones stated above and will continue to enjoy their requested/offered
limits as sanctioned before," HDFC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt