NPFA UK delegation meets Sports Minister
New Delhi: A two-member delegation of UK`s National Playing Fields Association today called on Union Sports Minister MS Gill and discussed plans to set up model playfields in the capital.
As part of a join initiative, NPFA director Alison Moore Gwyn and Fields Manager John James is on a four-day visit to India to study several open spaces across the national capital which are either lying unused or being used only partially.
"After identification of the plots, a pilot project would be taken up to develop model playfields in those areas. The team will also interact with local bodies like DDA, MCD and NDMC to facilitate the project," a ministry release said.
The National Plying Fields Association of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding with NPFA UK last month to carry out the project as the bodies are also planning to jointly organise a national level conference in order to convince the states about importance of such measures.
The NPFAI was formed by the Sports Ministry earlier this year, with renowned sportspersons like PT Usha, Bishen Singh Bedi and Indu Puri as members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened