NPFA UK delegation meets Sports Minister
New Delhi: A two-member delegation of UK`s National Playing Fields Association today called on Union Sports Minister MS Gill and discussed plans to set up model playfields in the capital.
As part of a join initiative, NPFA director Alison Moore Gwyn and Fields Manager John James is on a four-day visit to India to study several open spaces across the national capital which are either lying unused or being used only partially.
"After identification of the plots, a pilot project would be taken up to develop model playfields in those areas. The team will also interact with local bodies like DDA, MCD and NDMC to facilitate the project," a ministry release said.
The National Plying Fields Association of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding with NPFA UK last month to carry out the project as the bodies are also planning to jointly organise a national level conference in order to convince the states about importance of such measures.
The NPFAI was formed by the Sports Ministry earlier this year, with renowned sportspersons like PT Usha, Bishen Singh Bedi and Indu Puri as members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!