NTPC builds Rs 2.25 lakh cr warchest to become 75k MW firm
New Delhi: India`s largest power company NTPC plans to invest a massive Rs 2,25,000 crore in the next seven years in capacity expansion to become a 75,000-MW entity, company`s Chairman and Managing Director R S Sharma said today.
NTPC, which has a production capacity of a little over 30,000 MW annually, constitutes 19 per cent of the country`s total installed capacity of 1,55,000 MW.
For the additional capacity generation, NTPC is planning about 9,000 MW through hydroelectric sources, 2,000 MW through nuclear and 1,000 MW through renewable energy resources by 2017. This would make NTPC one of most diversified companies in the country in terms of fuel usage.
Asked about the source of funding, Sharma said all projects would be funded in debt-equity ratio of 70:30. For the equity portion the PSU has comfortable cash flows.
"If required we may tap the domestic as well global debt market," Sharma told.
To increase its capacity, the company has prepared a multi-pronged strategy which envisages additional power generation through green field projects, brown field expansions, joint ventures and acquisitions.
NTPC will hit the capital market with its follow-on public offer on February 3 to raise up to Rs 11,000 crore as part of the government`s disinvestment plan in leading PSU companies.
The government is offloading five per cent of its stake in NTPC through a follow-on public offer of 412,273,220 equity shares of Rs 10 at prices to be determined through an alternative book building process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says