NTPC follow-on offer subscribed 77% on Day One
New Delhi: The country`s largest power firm NTPC`s follow-on public offer got subscribed 77 per cent today --the first day of the issue, with most of the bids coming at
Rs 209 a share.
The FPO, through which the Government is divesting its 5 per cent stake, got bids for over 31.90 crore shares against 41.22 crore equities on offer, according to the data available with the National Stock Exchange.
According to the NSE data, the FPO received maximum bids (21.83 crore) at Rs 209. At the highest price of Rs 210, the issue got demands for 24.14 lakh shares on its first day.
The offer is being made through the alternate method of book-building under which institutional investors would submit their bids at any price above the floor price, while bidders other than qualified institutional buyers (QIBs) like non-institutional bidders and retail individual bidders will apply at the floor price.
Up to 50 per cent of the net offer will be allocated to the QIBs.
NTPC has come out with an issue size of 41.22 crore shares at a floor price of Rs 201 per piece. At the floor price the FPO would fetch up about Rs 8,286 crore to the Government.
Post-FPO, the Government`s holding will come down to 84.5 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in