NTPC not signing gas purchase agreement: RIL to PowerMin
New Delhi: Reliance Industries has complained
to Power Ministry about NTPC`s reluctance to sign an agreement
to buy gas from it and said that the power PSU stands to lose
Rs 15,000 crore if it imports LNG.
The government had allocated 2.67 million standard cubic
meters per day of gas from RIL`s eastern offshore KG-D6 fields
to NTPC, but unlike the 35 other customers identified for the
gas, the state-run firm is yet to sign a Gas Sales and
Purchase Agreement (GSPA).
"In our last meeting with NTPC on August 12, all issues
relating to finalizations of GSPA were resolved and NTPC was to
revert after obtaining internal approvals. However, we are
still awaiting a formal response from NTPC in spite of regular
follow-up," RIL Executive Director P M S Prasad wrote to Power
Secretary H S Brahma on August 31.
RIL had agreed to sign the GSPA with the caveat that the
agreements would be "without prejudice" to the outcome of the
case in Bombay High Court over a 2004 tender where the Mukesh
Ambani firm had quoted USD 2.34 per mmBtu as price for gas to
be supplied to NTPC`s Kawas and Gandhar plants, he said.
Instead, NTPC has signed-up to buy 2.5 mmscmd of LNG for
10 years from overseas market and the delivered cost of this
would be USD 11.2 per mmBtu as compared to KG-D6 burner tip
cost of USD 6.5 per mmBtu, leading to a loss of Rs 600 crore
per annum. Besides, NTPC buys 3-4 mmscmd LNG on spot basis,
resulting in additional outgo of Rs 900 crore per annum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’