NTPC plans capex of over Rs 29,000 cr in FY`11
Mumbai: Country`s largest power producer
NTPC on Wednesday said it plans to spend over Rs 29,000 crore in the
next fiscal to augment its power generation capacity.
"Next year, we are going to incur a capex of Rs 29,481
crore, targeting the addition of 4,500 MW capacity.
We will be commissioning one 660 MW unit of Sipat only in
August," NTPC Ltd`s Director Finance A K Singhal told
reporters here at the company`s roadshow for a follow-on
public offer (FPO).
The company`s 2010-11 target includes spillover target
from the current fiscal. For 2009-10, the target was set at
3,300 MW but since the 1,320 MW unit at Sipat is expected to
be commissioned only by August, it will be part of the 2010-11
target, a company official said.
The capex plan will be funded partly through loans from
Indian banks and partly from External Commercial Borrowings
(ECBs). The company said Rs 25,599 crore would be raised from
Indian lenders over the next two years and Rs 1,900 crore
NTPC currently produces 30,644 MW of electricity and
plans to raise generation capacity to 75,000 MW by March 2017.
The state-run utility plans to add 4,500-6,500 MW
every year after fiscal 2011 as part of its target to generate
75,000 MW by 2017, Chairman and Managing Director R S Sharma,
NTPC has 17,930 MW of power plants--mainly thermal
and hydro-electric-under construction at present, entailing
a total commitment of Rs 88,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price