NTPC Q2 Net at 2,151.95 cr
New Delhi: State-owned NTPC on Friday posted
1.96 per cent rise in its net profit to Rs 2,151.95 crore for
the quarter ended September 30.
The company had a net profit of Rs 2,110.51 crore during
the September quarter in the last financial year (2008-09),
which also included income tax refund of Rs 31.91 crore.
With the company not getting any such tax refund in this
quarter, growth in net profit on a year-on-year comparative
basis is marginal.
"The (previous year`s) income tax refund has largely
impacted the profit (growth) of this quarter," Chairman and
Managing Director NTPC R S Sharma told reporters here.
Net sales of the company rose 11.6 per cent to Rs
10,782.79 crore in the latest quarter of the current financial
year from Rs 9,661.42 crore of the corresponding period a year
earlier, he said.
The company has total installed capacity of 30,644 MW
through 26 power stations including joint ventures.
NTPC aims to achieve 50,000 MW by 2012 and 75,000 MW by
2017. It currently has 17,930 MW under construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH