NTPC Q2 Net at 2,151.95 cr
New Delhi: State-owned NTPC on Friday posted
1.96 per cent rise in its net profit to Rs 2,151.95 crore for
the quarter ended September 30.
The company had a net profit of Rs 2,110.51 crore during
the September quarter in the last financial year (2008-09),
which also included income tax refund of Rs 31.91 crore.
With the company not getting any such tax refund in this
quarter, growth in net profit on a year-on-year comparative
basis is marginal.
"The (previous year`s) income tax refund has largely
impacted the profit (growth) of this quarter," Chairman and
Managing Director NTPC R S Sharma told reporters here.
Net sales of the company rose 11.6 per cent to Rs
10,782.79 crore in the latest quarter of the current financial
year from Rs 9,661.42 crore of the corresponding period a year
earlier, he said.
The company has total installed capacity of 30,644 MW
through 26 power stations including joint ventures.
NTPC aims to achieve 50,000 MW by 2012 and 75,000 MW by
2017. It currently has 17,930 MW under construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?