NTPC Q2 Net at 2,151.95 cr
New Delhi: State-owned NTPC on Friday posted
1.96 per cent rise in its net profit to Rs 2,151.95 crore for
the quarter ended September 30.
The company had a net profit of Rs 2,110.51 crore during
the September quarter in the last financial year (2008-09),
which also included income tax refund of Rs 31.91 crore.
With the company not getting any such tax refund in this
quarter, growth in net profit on a year-on-year comparative
basis is marginal.
"The (previous year`s) income tax refund has largely
impacted the profit (growth) of this quarter," Chairman and
Managing Director NTPC R S Sharma told reporters here.
Net sales of the company rose 11.6 per cent to Rs
10,782.79 crore in the latest quarter of the current financial
year from Rs 9,661.42 crore of the corresponding period a year
earlier, he said.
The company has total installed capacity of 30,644 MW
through 26 power stations including joint ventures.
NTPC aims to achieve 50,000 MW by 2012 and 75,000 MW by
2017. It currently has 17,930 MW under construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail