NTPC scouts for more coal blocks in Indonesia
New Delhi: State-run NTPC today said it has identified three more coal blocks in Indonesia for acquisition.
"We have identified 2-3 more coal mines in Indonesia," NTPC Chairman and Managing Director R S Sharma told reporters here. It has appointed Macquarie as consultant for the same.
NTPC has already acquired a coal mine in Indonesia.
During the current financial year, the total coal requirement of NTPC is 150 million tonnes, out of which the company would be importing 12.5 million tonnes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred