NTPC signs pact with oil PSUs for gas supply
New Delhi: State-run power producer NTPC
today signed agreements with GAIL, Indian Oil Corp and Bharat
Petroleum Corp for sourcing gas for its power project at
Kayamkulam in Kerala.
NTPC signed gas sale agreements (GSAs) with GAIL, IOCL
and BPCL for supply of around 1.2 million tonnes per annum of
re-gassified LNG (RLNG) for 20 years for the Rajiv Gandhi
Combined Cycle Combined Cycle Power Project project at
Kayamkulam, a company statement said.
Re-gassified LNG will be transported by GAIL through the
110-km sub-sea pipeline to be laid by the company, it said.
Petronet LNG shall set up LNG terminal at Kochi by 2012.
Separate gas transportation agreement (GTA) will be signed
between NTPC and GAIL for transportation of the gas.
NTPC generates nearly 5,000 MW electricity through gas-
The company`s total installed capacity stands at 30,644
MW, which it plans to ramp up to 50,000 MW by 2012 and 75,000
MW by 2017.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar