NTPC stake sale to fetch govt over Rs 8,100 crore
New Delhi: The government Friday said it is expecting to raise about Rs 8,100 crore from the five per cent stake sale in power PSU NTPC through a Follow-on Public Offer (FPO).
"We anticipate more than three times what we got last time (at the time of IPO in 2004)," Disinvestment Secretary Sunil Mitra told reporters here.
In 2004, NTPC had raised about Rs 2,700 crore through the IPO when the government diluted 5.24 per cent of its stake, he said.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)last month had approved the stake sale in NTPC.
After stake dilution, the government`s holding in NTPC would come down to 84.5 per cent from the current 89.5 per cent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview