NTPC to hire 1,300 people next fiscal
New Delhi: The country`s largest power producer NTPC on Tuesday said it plans to recruit about 1,300 people in the next fiscal to support the company`s ambitious target of becoming a 50,000-MW company by 2012.
The company, which hired 1,050 people in the previous financial year (2008-09), has so far added a headcount of 900 and would hike this figure to 1,100 by the end of the fiscal.
"Since we are expanding and we want to become a 50,000 MW company by 2012 we need 1,200-1,300 people in the next financial year (2010-11)," Director HR NTPC R C Shrivastava told media.
"For every 4,000 MW we need around 1,600 people both executive and non-executive," Shrivastava said adding that the 1,300 target is on very conservative side, it may be higher.
About 500 people exit the company annually, "Every year 400-500 people retire and we hope that about same amount would retire in the next fiscal and with the addition or operationalisation of new capacities we would need more people," he said.
NTPC`s current installed power generation capacity from all sources of energy stands at over 30,000 MW and the company has set a goal of taking this figure to 50,000 MW in the next three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29