Obama to give interviews and play basketball on election day
Washington: US President Barack Obama will spend the election day in his home town of Chicago, playing basketball with friends and giving a dozen satellite interviews in several battleground States.
The First Family would have dinner at their Hyde Park home late in the evening, after which Obama would deliver his speech to his supporters in the city, the Obama Campaign said, as the US President gave his last election campaign speech in Iowa.
"President Obama will spend Election Day in Chicago. In the morning and the afternoon, he will participate in a dozen satellite interviews in battleground states, where he will highlight the progress the country has made over the last four years and his plan to continue to move America forward in the next four years," the campaign said.
"Tuesday afternoon, President Obama will honour his Election Day tradition of pickup basketball with friends and staffers. Then, the First Family will have dinner at their home in Hyde Park," the campaign said.
"The First Lady will participate in several regional satellite and radio interviews on Tuesday, in which she will encourage supporters to vote and to volunteer to help get out the vote in their communities," the campaign said.
The Vice President, Joe Biden and his wife Dr Jill Biden will vote in Wilmington, Delaware, before travelling to Chicago, where they will also participate in regional radio interviews.
Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential candidate, would travel to Cleveland in Ohio and Moon township in Pennsylvania after casting his vote in Belmont, Massachusetts.
After Pennsylvania, Romney would go back to Boston to deliver his post-election address to his supporters.
Congressman Paul Ryan, his vice presidential running mate, would travel to Cleveland in Ohio and Richmond in Virginia on the Election Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi